Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemmingway

OK, this is a bad book to read if you are expecting a baby soon.  Especially if the doctor thinks your baby might be breech!  (Our baby is not, and should be fine, but the timing is still awful)

So this is my first Hemmingway novel.  I thought it was pretty good.  He seems to really like short, rather abrupt sentences.  Kind of interesting.  I think. Definitely different.  Flow is strange.  Gets old.  But interesting.

With all the war books, I like that I am learning about history and time periods through these books.  I think overall I did enjoy this book will try another of Hemmingway's novels soon.

Favorite part of this book? I think when Henry is escaping from the war and is doing so by hiding on a train car full of weapons is a pretty interesting seen.  That the very tools of war are what hide his exit.  That was pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment