Sunday, September 26, 2010

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

This book was absolutely mesmerizing to me.  I felt like a bystander in every scene with a complete view of all the surroundings, Steinbeck described things so well. 

My favorite part of this book was the process he went through when deciding what would ultimately be best for Lennie.  It was like he wanted to give Lennie one last clear view of his heaven before sending him to it. 

I really like the parallels between Candy, his old dog, and Lennie.  The characters in the book all seemed to have the condescending attitude that they were deciding what would be best for the sufferer, but really they were selfishly pushing for what they felt would make life better for themselves.

I wonder if I do this, acting like I am trying to give someone something, or doing something for someone else, saying it is for their happiness, when really I am actually just thinking of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment