Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Awesome.  Absolutely awesome.

As of right now, if I were asked what the best novel I have ever read was, this would be it. 

I absolutely loved it.

My favorite thing about this book was how simple it was seeing it through the eyes of Scout, so brutally honest and incredibly innocent.  Lee handles some of the harshest aspects of humanity in racism and bigotry in such a delicate yet in your face way... just awesome.

My favorite part was, well the whole book.  But if I had to pick just one part it would be when Scout makes conversation with Mr. Walter Cunningham in front of the jail while Atticus is sitting out front to guard against Cunningham and his cronies.  To see how the boldness of this young lady and by simply reminding him of previous kindnesses helps to open his eyes to his current situation.

What a testament that hate blinds and love helps us see.  What a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment