Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkein

I tried to watch the movies once and it bored me.  Nothing happened in the first movie.  It seemed like all they did was spend three hours deciding to go somewhere and then the movie was over.  Now that I have read the books I would like to see the movies again. 

Tolkein does such a fantastic job in creating a world full of magic and mystery.  He develops the characters in a way that I felt a real connection to each and appreciated each creature. 

The story is about a Hobbit that is like a mini-person that ends up with a magical ring that is tied to the power of an evil ruler.  If the ring gets in the hands of the ruler it is all over for everyone, if the ring is destroyed all are saved.  Now just draw that out over a thousand pages. 

I was honestly sad when the book was done. 

What I think I liked the most of this book is that none of the heros were perfect.  They were all dependent on each other for their success and everyone played a vital role.  I think that is a good life lesson. 

If you haven't read this series you really should.  It is excellent

No comments:

Post a Comment